Life without Desserts is no life at all! Desserts create smiles, laughter, and sweet aromas that fill the house with deliciousness. This month I am hosting the Monthly Food Blog Event & Giveaway, “Cook.Eat.Delicious-Desserts!”
This month’s theme is Herbs & Spices. You probably have more recipes in your repertoire for desserts with spices and herbs in them than you realize. Pumpkin pie is a perfect example, with its cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. So is a chocolate cookie recipe with a bit of cinnamon. Mint, rosemary, lavender and basil can be found in desserts sometimes. Get creative and add an herb or spice to your favorite sweet for a new taste sensation!
The event runs from February 1st – 29th.
A random recipe will be chosen to win the Giveaway. Round-up & Winner announcement will be posted on March 5th. Raven from CookEatDelicious.com is the founder of this event.
Here are the RULES:
1. Cook up any dessert your heart desires, as long as Herbs & Spices are the star!
2. Link back to this announcement and to Raven’s Blog: CookEatDelicious.com in your blog post (Use of logo is optional but appreciated)
3. New entries are preferred. If you want to use an archived recipe, please repost this month.
4. Multiple entries accepted with only one going towards the Giveaway.
5. Non-bloggers are welcome to send in their entry. Please attach a photo & full recipe.
6. Post a comment in this post after emailing me!
Please email your submission by February 29th , 2012 to cdmcculloch7 (at) gmail (dot) com with “CEDD 7″ in the subject line and the following information:
1 Dessert Photo
Now the GIVEAWAY:
The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs
By Karen Page & Andrew Dornenburg
The only book you need for cooking food with flavor!